The School of Business Management and Economics was established to assist DKUT accomplish its mandate, and continues to provide and promote quality education, training, and research in line with Kenya’s Vision 2030. To achieve this, the School has and continues to develop and implement several academic programmes that respond to the needs of the industry thereby making the beneficiaries of the programmes competitive locally and globally.
School Vision and Vision
To be a premier School of choice offering quality Business Management, administration and economics, education, training, research and technology transfer.
To provide instructional programmes of the highest quality for present and future business management and economic leader, and scholars capable of conducting acceptable research in areas critical to business management and economics and which would contribute to national development goals.
- To diversify quality, relevant and accessible academic business management and economics programmes
- To undertake collaborative activities and linkages with industries, communities, research and training institutions.
- To build capacity to undertake research and consultancies aimed at identifying problems and solutions for the benefit of local and regional communities.
- To build capacity for the school in order to achieve its vision and mission.
- To foster students’ ability to acquire disciplinary, interdisciplinary knowledge, attitude and skills for posterity.
Departments in the School and Programmes Offered
The School of Business Management & Economics has two Departments and offers specializations in the academic programme as follows;
- Department of Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management
- PhD in Business Administration
- Master in Business Administration
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Master of Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Diploma in Business Administration